Thursday 7 August 2014

MAC and Lush treats







Hi loves,

I went to York for a day out with my mum recently and I had a cheeky nip into Fenwick to the MAC counter and into LUSH so I thought I'd show you some of the things I picked up!

MAC lipstick in MORANGE:
I think I own around 4 or 5 MAC lipsticks purely because they are so expensive but when I saw this vibrant shade, I just had to pick it up. It's really creamy and despite it being such a bright and vibrant colour, it doesn't bleed throughout the day so I don't see much point in buying the lip liner that pairs with it. I was quite nervous to wear it at first because I am so pale and most of the time I can't get away with anything other than a nude-y pink on my lips but this sits perfectly on my skin tone so I imagine it sits well on everyone's! I love it and I fully blame Zoe (Zoella on youtube and ZoZeeBo on twitter) for making me want to get it.

MAC Studio Fix powder in NW13:
I've used MAC's studio fix powder before and I only just finished using it. I'm pretty sure I bought it maybe two years ago but I used it until the mirror was broken and there was so little powder in the pot that I couldn't even blot my nose! I didn't re-purchase it purely because I used to only be able to go into a MAC store when I went to London to visit my uncle (and because it's a little on the pricey side as far as powders go) however because I know I can get it from York which is a train journey away, I can buy this again when I'm finished and that I will! I love it, it's light but mattefiys your t-zone perfectly without looking super cakey in the summer.

MAC 217:
I already own 2 of the 217 brushes but I picked up another while I was in store because mine are a little beat up and to be perfectly honest, I'm too lazy to wash both of them regularly. Everyone knows the 217 brush, it's the perfect blending brush, it applies eyeshadow evenly and blends softly without taking any of the colour away plus it's super soft and fluffy!

Lush GREASED LIGHTENING:
Now despite the name of this product, it's FINE to use on oily skin. It's specifically for skin that enjoys a temper tantrum every now and again and helps get rid of them before they even show up. I was immediately sold on this because I do get some crazy bad break-outs occasionally just like everyone else does and it knocks my confidence a lot so anything to help my skin out, I'm not gonna say no to!

Lush TEA TREE WATER:
This was the first thing I picked up when I went into Lush. I'm pretty sure I was drawn in by the display which was all of these products put into a giant ice tray! Lovely to stick your hands in on a hot day such as today. The other reason I picked it up was because, like the Greased Lightening, it's specifically for problem skin AND it contains Tea Tree oil which everyone and their aunty's dog knows is like the calpol for spots. It's also a cooling spray AND it helps control oil. If this doesn't work I am honestly losing faith in humanity because it seems like a godsend. I will update you!

If anyone wants a run down on what I use to help my skin calm down, then I will.
What helps your skin when it's being difficult?!

x

No comments:

Post a Comment