Wednesday 28 January 2015

How To Be Poorly | My 'Poorly Survival Guide'.

Hey guys,

So, over the last week or so, I've had a bitch of a cold with the added bonus of a slight sinus infection. 

After feeling extremely sorry for myself for pretty much the entire duration of said cold, I thought I made up the perfect 'poorly survival guide'

How To Be Poorly -

1) Make-up Is Not Your Friend - As gross as it sounds, whenever I've put make-up on over this past week, I've either completely rubbed it off by blowing my nose and having leaky eyes or I've had such dry, gross skin that it's just not even been worth the time in the morning. If I've had anything on, it's been concealer to sort out my rudolf nose and mascara and eyeliner. If you can get away with having a few no make-up days, giving your skin a rest and relaxing with the heating on, DO! You'll feel much more refreshed.

2)Tissues, Tissues, Tissues! - When your eyes are already a leaky mess, combining that with a snotty nose and getting a headache from constantly sniffing just makes your day even worse. Make sure you carry tissues everywhere with you! It will keep your petite noses happy and make you feel slightly more human.

3) Keep Your Tootsies Warm - It is a scientific fact that you lose the most heat from your body through your feetsies so it's always important to keep them nice and snug. Invest in some slippers! I'm a baby when it comes to being cold so I bought myself some of the slip-on ugg slippers and they're probably the best thing I've ever got. If you can't afford them, because they are a wee bit pricey, ASDA or Primark have some cute little slip-on ones too!

4) Don't Be Embarrassed To Cough - One of the worst things about being poorly I think is when you've got a horrible, dry, hacking cough that makes your ribs and head ache. The worst thing is when you try and not cough, you know, you hold your breath and almost pass out and when you do cough your nose runs, your eyes stream and you feel like you're going to puke. Buy some heavy duty throat spray - Myself and my family can't recommend the Corvonia Throat Spray enough. It numbs your throat instantly for like, 3 hours so you can even have a nap for a little while! (DISCLAIMER- you'll need to get used to the taste. You WILL make a weird, baby-eating-lemon-for-the-first-time face when you first spray it)

5) Just RELAX - Please do give yourself at least one day of doing nothing. University work can wait an evening to be done, have a bath, surround yourself with hot drinks and tissues and just give yourself a break. You can cancel the day if you're not very well. People will forgive you!

Okay, guys, that's my survival guide for being poorly!

If anyone else is suffering at the minute with the bitch of a cough that is going round, I am sending you snuggly hugs and cups of hot tea.

Have a good day, loves.

Kate x

No comments:

Post a Comment