Tuesday 17 June 2014

Mother

 












So I included this quote by Marilyn Monroe because this is what my mother says to me whenever I'm upset, or at least something with the same sentiment. It's her birthday today, she's 28! (48 but I'm feeling generous).
My mother is a lot like me, or rather I am a lot like my mother and my grandmother. We all have ginger hair, expect they have curly hair and I inherited my dad's kinda wavy/ straight hair but ginger nonetheless. Our mannerisms are quite similar. We're both rather hot-headed and have a big temper and we have almost exactly the same humor which is nice because we can laugh together quite a bit. My mum is my best friend, she really is.
I'm 19, and most people my age and even younger I find to not have a great relationship with their mums; either they're being threatened to be kicked out, they're getting into physical fights with their parents or they just generally don't get along. I find that so sad. I have always been friends with my mum, I've never been grounded because we just don't really fight. I say that, we have... heated discussions sometimes which lead to raised voices but they literally don't last over 5 or 10 minutes. My mum has always taught me to never go to bed on an argument, and that's something that I will teach my children as well.
My mum will text me every day at 12 o'clock to ask me how my day is and to tell me that she loves me. How sweet? I know how much she cares about me and that makes me so grateful for everything that she's done for me. She's brought me up so well. I'm talking as though I don't have a dad, which I do, whom I get along with just as well as I do with my mother. Every single day I come home from university and she asks me how my day was, how my friends are, if I laughed today and she never fails to tell me how proud she is of me.
I 100% love my mother. She may be another year older but she is the most beautiful woman on the planet and I'm proud to be able to call her my mother :)
Happy Birthday, momma. I love you squillions.
This was more of a personal post today, more because I want her to know that I wrote about her when I'm all rich and famous, you know?
I jest. Thanks for reading guys, have a fabby day.
- Kate x

No comments:

Post a Comment