Tuesday 17 June 2014

Samples Review! M.A.C, Kiehls & Clinique!

Hi loves,

I went shopping a few days ago and got a few samples from various companies that I've been trying out and LOVE. I'm not usually one to try samples because it just makes me want things I probably don't need but there's one or two products that I've tried out and have decided I simply can't live without.
Okay, to start off with, I bought the Clinique bottom lash mascara a few days ago ( Which I am OBSESSED with!) and with my purchase I got a wee Clinique 'Summer' gift bag.



I just love the little bag that it all came in! Pink, Orange, Purple and Yellow all go so well together! In it you get all sample sizes of Clinique '7 Day Scrum Cream Rinse Off', Clinique 'Deep Comfort Body Butter', Clinique 'Dramatically Different Moisturising Lotion +', Clinique 'Happy' perfume and finally, my personal favourite and the product I will be buying in full size, Clinique 'Rinse Off Foaming Cleanser'. I'm not super sure if this deal happens when you order online from Debenhams but I do know that it's still going on in Debenhams stores with one or more purchase of any skincare, makeup or fragrance.


I'm obsessed with the rinse off foaming cleanser, I use it to wash my face and make it super clean before I do my make-up in my morning shower but I'm pretty sure you're supposed to use it as a make-up remover but hey, who's to say you have to use things as the product packaging say to?! There are loads of different ways to use your make-up or every day products. For instance, if you want to create a lip colour that matches your eyeshadow if you're creating a costume make-up look, mix some of the eyeshadow you used on your eyes with some vaseline and it'll turn into a lipstain.

I have used the moistursing lotion before but I prefer the gel formula, it's better for dry skin in the winter.
The next sample I got was from MAC and it's the M.A.C Prep + Prime 'Skin Base Visage'. I got it with some purchases I made about a month ago and I'd never used it before. I'd used the BENEFIT primer and one from GOSH cosmetics and both had broke me out before so I was a little wary of trying it out. With it becoming summer though, I wanted to give it a shot because yep, I still wear my full face make-up in the summer and I was super surprised! It hasn't broke me out, it made my skin really nice and smooth after every application and even better, it keeps my make-up on all day. The weather has been quite humid at the moment which means it's cool outside, but the second you go inside, you sweat. Or I do. I'm not ashamed! I 100% love this and I have also ordered a full size bottle of this. It's not overly pricey, I mean it's more than the GOSH Cosmetics primer but it's fabulous and I love it.


Last but not least I got some KIEHL'S samples when I bought their Midtnight Recovery Serum to help my problem skin. I haven't had a chance to try any of them yet and I've given two of them to my mum but I kept the KIEHL'S 'Clearly Corrective Dark Spot Solution' because after my skin flared up so badly, I've been left with a few dark scars from a few hardcore spots so I'm super excited to see if this will help with the scarring. I'm not entirely sure of the pricing of these things but I've linked the KIEHL'S online store at the end!


Short but sweet I find!

I hope you enjoyed it, loves!
Laters,
Kate x

No comments:

Post a Comment