Tuesday 17 June 2014

Wedding Bells!

I went to a wedding yesterday.

It was the first wedding that I'd been to since I was like, 4? 5? That was my uncle's wedding when I was anxious to eat the wedding cake before anyone else and from what I can remember, it was beautiful. This wedding was no less beautiful.

It was my wonderful neighbours wedding that we went to, myself, my mum and dad. (if you want a run down of the make-up look I did, I'll do a blog on that next week)
It was in a beautiful, elegant room in a museum near to where we live, I'd been in the hall quite a few times when I was younger when I'd been to see my mum perform in the annual halloween murder mystery plays she used to do so I knew the place well.

It wasn't a traditional wedding in terms of you know, priest, church, an organ playing ect. This was better. Whilst we all grew anxious to see the beautiful blushing bride walk down the isle, each guest unconsciously swayed in their seats to old 50s music in the background, commenting on the bagpipes playing outside and how fortunate we'd been for the weather we had.

The room was growing with anticipation when we saw the groom in all his glory and the bride's son looking dapper. Ah, and when the bride entered, well. It was beautiful.

She came in, sashaying to 'Happy' by Pharrell with her father on her arm, in a timeless, lace dress. Oh, Carrie, you looked so happy.

The ceremony was beautiful, a wee tear did appear in my eye during her best friend's speech which was both hilariously clever and touching.

I couldn't have been happier being surrounded by the amount of happiness that was in the room and it got me to thinking about when I get married.

I don't think I'd want the traditional wedding, you know, all serious. More than anything I just want to make sure I have a man by my side that makes me as happy as my neighbours make each other. It was evident that they were perfectly suited as well as the best of friends.

I look at my parents sometimes and hope to god my marriage is like that. My dad is patient and quick witted and my mum is mental and caring. I've never seen any two people get along as much as they do. All I could ask for is that my marriage, whenever I get married, be it in my 20s or 30s or older!, is exactly like that of my parents. Perfectly imperfect.

Oh, all this talk of weddings has made me go all smooshy and gooey!
I think all that there's left to say is congratulations to my wonderful neighbours! Your big day was truly magical!

Big smooshy, gooey hugs from us Metcalfes.

Like I said earlier, my next blog will either be on the make-up look that I did for the wedding or maybe a 'What's in my bag' because I like chatty 'uns and I think you guys do too.

Thanks for reading, guys!
Laters,
Kate xx

No comments:

Post a Comment