Tuesday 17 June 2014

What's In My Make-up Bag?

What's up, buttercup?
Okay, so I thought I would do a post on what is in my make-up bag.
Enjoy!
So this is what I carry in my make-up bag every day. I'm not going to lie and say I don't wear make-up every day because that's not true, however I don't wear it all day. More often than not, I put my make-up on in the morning and if I'm having a lazy day, I'll have it off by dinner time!
Right. Left to Right, we have:
- Revlon Colour Stay 24 Hrs foundation in number 150 'Buff' (SPF 15)
- Real Techniques Buffing Brush
- Garnier Roll On 'Anti Dark Circles' concealer (it really helps with puffy morning eyes because the ball is cool!)
- Collection lasting perfection concealer in number 1 'Fair'
-MAC Studio Finish Concealer in NC15
- Real Techniques Contour Brush (I use this for my under eye concealer because it's super soft and gentle!)
- MAC Blush from their new Flower Fantasy collection in 'Azalea In The Afternoon' (a perfect shade of pink for the spring)
- Real Techniques Blush Brush.
- Maybelline 'Fit Me'  all over face powder in number 125 'Nude Beige'
- Real Techniques Powder Brush.
So that is pretty much it for my face products, now for my eye products:
Top to Bottom!
(my brushes are dirty, I know!)
- the Naked Basics Palette from Urban Decay.
- MAC 266 brush for my eyebrows (I use 'Faint' from the Naked Basics palette to fill in my eyebrows, or if I want a more natural look I will use 'Rewind' from the Urban Decay Vice 2 Palette)
- an Eyebrow Brush. Any will suffice, mine just happens to be the end brush from a Maybelline eyebrow pencil I've never used!
- Urban Decay Primer Potion in Original.
- As for eye shadows, at the moment I have been using 'Habit' from the Vice 2 Palette all over my lid and blended into my crease and also just under my lower lash line. (Picture of this colour at the end) However, that colour can become quite orange-y if you build it up which I like for Spring but it's not for everyone. Instead, some days I just use 'Naked 2' from the Naked Basics all over my lid and blended into my crease.
- MAC 214 shadow brush (it's the best for packing a colour on!)
- MAC 217 for blending darker colours into my crease (the 217 will be your best friend if you are just starting out with make-up. It's super soft and really helps soften harsh lines)
- The brush that came with the Vice 2 palette is one of my favourites. One end is a shader brush, and the other is for blending. It's super soft and fab for blending!
- Another MAC 217 for highlighting my inner corners and brow bone.
- Rimmel London Exaggerate Eye liner in 001 '100% Black' (It dries matte, this looks the best on my eyes and with my complexion but it will vary depending on your preference and skin!)
- Rimmel Eyelash Curler.
- Benefit's 'They're Real' Mascara in Black. Can I say any more? This is the best mascara I've used. (PLEASE bring out a waterproof one, Benefit!!)
Lastly are my lip products for this spring:
- 'Aurora' from Tanya Burr's Lips and Nails collection. I will be doing swatches and a full review of the 5 colours I got from her collection AND the four nail varnishes I got so keep a look out for that. Representin' one of my favourite Youtube Beauty Gurus, it really is a fabulous collection and 'Aurora' has got to be my favourite!!
- MAC Lustre lipstick in 'Rose Lily' from the Flower Fantasy spring collection, the same collection as the blush I use!
This is 'Habit' from the Vice 2 Palette from Urban Decay previously mentioned:
It's such a good spring colour. I took inspiration from Tanya Burr www.youtube.com/tanyaburr and her spring look video. She uses her NARS bronzer to get a golden glow on her eyelids which is perfect for this spring transformation! I don't have any NARS bronzers but this 'Habit' works perfectly as an orange-y, gold colour and as a dupe.
There you go, guys! Hope you enjoyed that and maybe get some make-up inspirations from it! (sorry to your bank account)
If you're curious, I carry all of this in a Ted Baker wash bag that I got from ASOS.
Thanks for reading, cuties.
Laters,
Kate x

No comments:

Post a Comment