Monday 23 June 2014

What's In My Travel Bag (Paris Edition)

Hi loves!

I thought I'd do a fun blog today because I've started to get super excited about the little Paris weekend get-away I'm going on in two weeks with Jack, so here is what I've packed/ will be packing in my backpack!


My backpack is from Topshop, it was originally £38.50 but with my UniDays app (student discount) it was £34 and I am OBSESSED with it. I only got it recently but I love it. It's black leather and I believe they had a white one as well online but I couldn't see it in store. It's cute, on trend with the backpack trend that seems to be happening this summer and it fits loads in which is great for me because obviously I have to carry a little more than your average person! Gold hard wear, two straps on the back and one little one on the top for easy holding.


In my bag I've got: (left to right)
* FujiFilm Instax Mini 8 Polaroid camera in the pastel yellow colour. I got this a few months ago and I absolutely love it, I'm super excited to use it to take pictures around Paris because it's literally the perfect way to save memories, I prefer this over my phone or a digital camera any day!

* My purse is a brown leather vintage purse that I got from a vintage fair a few months ago.

* I got my sunglasses from ROMWE, they're black and white, thick rimmed. On the black rims they say 'Cross My Heart, Hope To Die, Stick A Needle In My Eye'. They're super different and I'm obsessed with them! (they suit round faces which is fab as well)

*Obviously my Ted Baker body spray is an essential however I do have a mini travel size one that I got for boots specifically for travelling.

*My orange purse is from H&M for about £4.99 and I just carry all of my coins and loose change in there to stop my purse getting to a point where it won't close!

*I take my portable charger everywhere and although I'm taking my phone charger AND the seats we have on the train has plug sockets anyway, I'm being extra safe and taking this. It'll give your phone about 4 full charges before it runs out, I've forgotten the brand that it is but I saw it in VelvetGhost's 'What's In My Bag' video on YouTube so go check that out if you want the brand.

*Plasters! Not just in case we get blisters but sometimes my fingers decide they want to try and kill me from blood loss when I test my sugar and don't stop bleeding. These have proven useful more than once!

*iPod obviously. It's an iPod touch, 8GB I think (I could be embarrassingly wrong, I don't know these things) with my RED Beats by Dre headphones. I love them, they're the best headphones I've ever had and they really don't get tangled.

*My Insulin pens! Obviously I need these with me at all times although I will be taking one back-up of both pens in my luggage.

*Needle heads to go along with my pens. I always only carry enough for the day in my handbag but I'll be taking spares in my luggage.

*My faaaaave chewing gum of all time! It's the EXTRA BubbleMint and it is soooo good! Makes your breath smell like a candy store (and it's sugar free!)

*Passport, CHECK!

*Blood Testing kit, it has my meter, my finger prick, spare lancets and testing strips.

* Some Ibruprophen because you never know if there are gonna be some screaming kids on your train and when you're gonna be on a train for around 9 hours you'll need something to numb the pain!

*Bourjois ColourBurst lipstick in 'Orange Punch' for a little bit of colour! I love this colour, it's been my summer staple since it came out last summer. 

Thanks for reading, loves.
I'll definitely be doing a blog post on Paris when I get home but I'm not going until the 4th so you've got that to look forward to!

What are your travelling essentials?
I think I'll do 'Travelling Essentials (shower, make-up and skincare)' next week!

Laters,
Kate x

No comments:

Post a Comment